Let me start off by saying that I had a successful surgery today. And no, this isn't Jacob typing. I had to complete my 2nd major surgery on Mark's beloved Teddy. Teddy looks practically brand new (as you can see in the following picture), but he was feeling a bit self-concious about his recent weight loss over the past year. He came into my office requesting a reverse-liposuction. He wanted some filler in his nose, forehead, belly and arms. I did my best to give him the six-pack abs he requested and the nice high cheekbones that he desired, so follow along and tell me if I succeeded in the procedure.
1. My patient on the surgical table under anesthesia (aka a lot of loving from his owner.)
2. Only the highest quality filler for our dear patient.
3. My first incision into Teddy's cheek fur (or what's left of his cheek fur) and surgical tools in the background.
4. The patient's family in the waiting room. Waiting anxiously... I mean, patiently.
5. Filler completed, time to close up the patient. Sutures and needles ready.
6. Patient's family in the waiting room waiting on an update from the medical team. He was notified that the patient also requested a rhinoplasty and that the surgery would continue a little longer.
7. Patient's nose before rhinoplasty.
8. Patient's nose after rhinoplasty. Black sutures used to avoid visible scaring.
9. Original incision was closed with minimal visible sutures.
10. Surgery complete. Patient being taken out of anesthesia after surgery.
11. Patient awake and responsive post-surgery.
12. Patient reunited with owner.
There's nothing quite like being back in the arms of those that love you.
Janel M.D. (Momma Doctor)