I'm taking a quick breather from caring for the 2 sickly cubs to write this (don't worry... The baby is napping and the toddler is watching Wion King a.k.a. Lion King for the millionth time while snuggling me as we type, so they are still being taken are of!)
1. The main event this week has been Mark's stomach illness. You don't need or want the details, but I'll just say that it has involved many hours of lost sleep, lots of laundry, several showers and lots of snuggles. He seems to be feeling better, so hopefully he'll be back to his normal self soon.
2. The 2nd main event (there can be 2 main events right?) has been Joey's cold/cough combined with the worst week of teething if his life. He has spent several nights "sleeping" upright in his bouncy seat in his crib to help with the congestion. Jacob even put a bowl of water over the heater vent to try to make a homemade humidifier for his room. Last night he was able to sleep without the bouncy, so I think we are on our way to health!
3. Jacob had a terrible back ache that seems to have started to feel better!
4. I haven't left the house all week except for running to the store once to fill up on supplies such as food, Benadryl, tylenol, Oragel and Advil. Maybe this weekend I can venture out to somewhere a little more exciting.
5. I have confess something... I pray for my kiddos' health all the time, but I sure am enjoying the extra snuggles I get when they are sick. I can't help but enjoy the super sweet snuggling. :) there's always a silver lining, right?
6. Because I have nothing else to do, I joined a photographer's Flickr group where the host will post a theme for the week and each of us is supposed to take a picture of our family doing that the me in a very natural way. This will last all year and at the end of the year, we'll have a nice little "52 Weeks of our Life" wrap up. The theme this week was "Evening Routine." These are the pictures that I submitted for it.
7. A big congrats to my friend Grace on the birth of her new baby boy! He came a bit early and face up, but the tough little guy is here! Welcome to the world, Theo!
Linking up with the crew. And please say a prayer for Jen (The usual host of 7 quick takes). She is 24 weeks pregnant and is in the hospital for pulmonary embolisms in both lungs. Prayers going up!