Joining Jen and crew for this week's edition of 7 Quick Takes.
1. The biggest news this week is that my in-laws came in town for a visit. Joey was sick the whole time, so he was pretty crabby, but Mark was fully entertained and Joey was fully loved on. Oh and Abel played fetch so much with his Go-Pa that he got a sore shoulder. It was fun to have them in town. Here as a couple of images from their visit.
2. Guess who has 2 teeth finally!?!?! This little guy! He's had them for about 2 weeks now, but I didn't want to post anything so that Grammy and Go-Pa could be surprised when they came in town!
3. While my in-laws were in town, the husband and I went out on the town for my birthday/valentine's day. It was great! He took me to the mall to buy new jeans (that I desperately needed since none of my jeans seem to fit anymore- in a good way and some new bright pink flats (because, doesn't every woman need bright pink shoes?) and then we went to dinner at a wonderful italian restaurant! A big thanks to Grammy and Go-Pa for babysitting the cubs while we went out!
4. Speaking of my birthday and bright pink... my mom bought me the most amazing camera bag! I'm completely in love with it! Thank you, Mom!!!!! Here's the un-edited version of the pic since I haven't had time to edit it yet. The brand is Cheeky Lime. It seems to hold EVERYTHING! If you are a photographer, go check out this company. It's awesome!
5. It snowed here this week and we ventured out in it. Mark loved it (and spent Joey's entire nap time out in it). Abel loved it (he wanted to stay out in the snow all day). Joey wasn't a fan (after his nap, we bundled him and took him out. He was skeptical.)
6. I forgot to post this last week, but the theme for my photography link-up last week was "negative space." If you aren't familiar with this term, it basically means having white space (not actually 'white' but empty space) that helps to emphasize the subject of the image in some way. Here is the image I submitted. I got TONS of comments and lots of very talented photographers added my picture to their favorites, so I take that as a HUGE compliment! I took Mark and Joey out to the park and let Mark play with his umbrella. No, it wasn't actually raining, but he's been begging to wear his new raincoat, so I let him.
8. Because I can't count this week.... a conversation with Mark (and Joey) at breakfast this morning:
Joey: "dadadadadadada yayayayayaya."
Mark: "Bubba tell me I should drop my yogurt on da floor!"
Momma: "Ummm. No. No he didn't."
Mark: "Oh, sorry Bubba. I misunderstanded."
Until next time,